Clinical Team Manager, Early Phase Clinical Services
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations.
With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life.
Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
Do you have several years’ experience in clinical research and at least two years as an Early Phase CRA? Do you see managing clinical studies as a challenge in which you can excel in your leadership and coordinating skills? We are looking for a Clinical Team Manager (CTM) for our Early Development Services division.
Still here? Perfect! Because if this is you, we’d really like to meet you.
In this position you will get the chance to get familiar with the dynamics of working in early phase studies, with the main focus on phase I and early patient trials. When you like working on multiple projects in parallel, with different clients and multiple indicational areas of drug development, the early phase pace and relatively short timelines suit you! Our clinical facility is based in Groningen, the Netherlands. The greater part of this job can be done from your home office, so even if you aren’t living in the northern part of the Netherlands, this will not be a problem.
What will you be doing?
As a CTM in Early Development Services, you have a wide range of responsibilities. We’re including a few of the most important ones. Primarily, you will work to achieve the most successful early phase clinical studies possible. You will be part of leading cross-functional teams with Project Management, Clinical Operations, and Regulatory Affairs, while understanding and managing client expectations, under the oversight of a Project Manager. You will proactively identify, resolve/mitigate, and escalate risks or issues when necessary.
Your areas of responsibility:
- Provide Project Oversight and Leadership for Clinical Deliverables
- Project Resourcing
- Quality – Training & Development
- Customer Relations (Internal & External)
Who are you?
You are a leader that isn’t afraid to delegate, but also isn’t afraid to get your hands dirty. You look for new and innovative ways to solve problems. You are the ultimate planner and coordinator and an excellent communicator. You have a serious passion for clinical development. You never settle for what is, but are always pushing clinical development forward to what it could be. You motivate others to do the same. Most of all, you want to do it in a place where you’re more than an employee number. A place you love working.
What do we ask of you?
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Life Science, Nursing or Health Related; a licensed health-care professional (e.g. registered nurse); or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of clinical research experience, managing or monitoring phase I and IIb trials is preferred
- Experience in managing all trial components (start-up to database lock) is preferred
- Experience with oversight or supervision of clinical monitoring activities is preferred
- English fluency (ability to read, write, speak) is required
- You are able to travel of up to a maximum of 25-30%
- Location: home- based from any European location
We offer you:
- A challenging position in a growing international company
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits in an excellent working environment
- Initial contract is for one year which may be extended
- Every year we organize (sporting) activities aimed at, among other things, teambuilding and conviviality. We also engage ourselves socially and, for example, we climb mountain peaks for a good cause
Apply for the position:
If you are interested in a dynamic job and career, please send us your application letter and resume. You can upload one document when you apply via the 'Apply for this job online' button, please combine the two documents to one.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
At ICON, our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.