When you join PRA Health Sciences, you will not only witness the future of clinical development. You come to shape it!
Do you have several years of experience with flow cytometry assays and a Master’s or PhD degree with a laboratory background? Do you see method development as a challenge in which you can excel in your knowledge? PRA Health Sciences is looking for a Scientist for their Early Development Services division in Assen, The Netherlands.
Scientist (32-40 hours) in Assen, the Netherlands
The Early Development Services (EDS) division of PRA is a global leader in providing early-phase clinical research and bioanalytical services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. With a reputation built on excellence, quality and professionalism, we work with leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, performing clinical research and bioanalytical trials on many of the most advanced experimental drugs and biologics in development today. Employees of EDS are enthusiastic and dedicated and work in a dynamic, informal organization.
One of the units of PRA EDS is the Bioanalytical Laboratory, located in Assen (The Netherlands) and Lenexa (Kansas, US). The Bioanalytical Laboratory performs analysis of (new) drugs and biomarkers in biological samples from (pre-) clinical studies world-wide using different techniques, such as LC-MS, ELISA, and flow cytometry. Many of the applied analytical methods are developed and validated in-house or transferred from sponsors.
What will your role be as the Scientist?
The Scientist is a part of the Laboratory Science Department, in the team that focuses on flow cytometry assays. The Science Department monitors the technical and scientific level of the analytical methods and is responsible for the design, supervision, execution and reporting of laboratory research projects. As a Scientist, your primary function is supervising the development of methods, and you will play an important role in the supervision of method validations.
- Develop assays and find new scientific approaches to method development
- Supervise method development and method validation on the lab floor, where you work in a project team with technicians and project managers
- Review and approval of data gathered during method development or validation studies.
- Communicate with team members and management regarding project status, purpose, scheduling, problems, etc.
- As a member of the Science Department. participate in challenging scientific projects for continuous improvement in quality, efficiency, methodology
What do you bring:
- Master’s or PhD degree within (bio)medical field
- You are an expert in method development of flow cytometry assays
- Experience in regulated bioanalysis
- Fluent in English and Dutch (or willing to become fluent in Dutch)
We offer you:
- A challenging position in a growing international company, in our state-of-the-art Lab in Assen
- We offer a competitive salary and an excellent working environment
- PRA has its own collective labor agreement that provides good conditions for our employees like 35 holiday days per year and a good pension fund
- Every year we organize (sporting) activities aimed at, among other things, teambuilding and conviviality. We also engage ourselves socially and, for example, we climb mountain peaks for a good cause
Apply for the position:
If you are interested in a dynamic job and career, please send us your application letter and resume in English. Please note that you can upload 1 document when applying through our company website.
If you require further information please contact Chenthuran Raveerathan, Staff recruiting consultant on +31 50 40 22 222.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.